Saturday, March 15, 2014

My People

    If any of you were wondering what goes on in that tiny area of my brain near the top of my occipital lobe, just beneath the parietal lobe, when I get that blank middle-distance stare, allow me to illustrate:


     Jealous?  You shouldn't be.  This imagery is brought to you from my Speewak Ganglia, a fairly rare condition I happen to have.  The Speewak Ganglia [as described by my doctor] is a small, bulb-like pocket in the brain that releases imagery-producing fluids, and it is a vestigial trait, much like a tail or gills.  Unlike schizophrenics, Speewak Ganglians know that the images are imaginary, but that doesn't stop our yearning for them.  So, in a way, it's even worse than schizophrenia.  At least schizos think it's real... [right now my Speewak Ganglia is releasing crying clown pictures].
    Could you be a Speewak sufferer?  Do the letters of the alphabet have individual personalities?  Do your numbers have life stories that rival Days of Our Lives?  Do you often find yourself wishing that you led the kind of life that is in your head?  Join the tens of fellow sufferers like me.  We CAN make a difference.  Or at least we'll imagine we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment